An African Canadian Achievement Award of Excellence (ACAA), is a valued and prestigious honour that recognizes, celebrates and pays tribute to the exemplary achievements and invaluable contributions of African Canadians to their community, and the wider Canadian society.
ACAA nominees must be African-Canadian. In the case of the Founder’s Award — which is given to a non-Black friend or ally of the African-Canadian community — a nominee can be any individual who has made significant, positive contributions to the community.
Nominees must have exhibited an impressive history, of at least 10 years, of high-achievement, success and excellence in one of the following categories:
3. Community Service
13. Youth Achievement
14. Founder’s Award
15. Lifetime Achievement
Nomination Packages Must Contain:
1. A completed nomination form, which can be downloaded here.
2. A paper copy of your biography (not more than 500 words). Also email a soft copy of your biography to .
3. One high-resolution, colour photograph (300dpi) should be emailed to .
4. One copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting your achievements, pertinent to the award category you are submitting to.
5. Supporting documentation, in the form of newspaper/magazine articles, videos, letters of support and copies of relevant awards, honours etc.
Incomplete nomination packages will not be considered and only successful applicants will be notified. All submissions become the property of the African Canadian Achievement Awards of Excellence and will not be returned to nominees.
Award recipients must be available for media interviews. In addition, winners of an ACAA award must consent to the use of their photos and biographies by the ACAA in any of its promotional material.
Nominations close every year on November 30.
Nomination packages should be sent to:
The Selection Committee
c/o: The African Canadian Achievement Awards of Excellence
158 Harwood Avenue, South, Suite 209
Ajax, Ontario L1S 2H6
The selection committee will not consider late nominations, however late nominations are eligible for consideration for the next year.
For further information contact the office of the ACAA at: (905) 686-8868.